We were engaged to map the fan experience. The goals of the activities broadly spoke to:
- Developing a clear and concise market segmentation specific to NMFC fans
- Informing the development of a clear and compelling narrative and value proposition to maximise match-day participation for Victoria and Tasmania
- Developing a match day model to strengthen alignment of NMFC’s fans’ needs and preferences
- Prioritising key match day and community engagement activities to maximise supporter and membership growth including digital and commercial opportunities
What did we do?
The Naked Ambition team took a human centred design approach with the aim of better understanding the needs and preferences of the NMFC fans. This included:
- Conducting in-depth user interviews with NMFC members to allow us to create detailed customer profiles
- Creating behaviour maps of two unique user journeys outlining the match day experience as it pertained to members in different segments.
- Guiding the NMFC staff through a creative ideation and prototyping process which resulted in the fast generating of new ideas to address real challenges
What has changed?
“Various business departments come together far more frequently now to plan for milestone or marquee games where design thinking has been applied to inspire passion and participation. After each home game we surgery our fans to understand what works and doesn't. This has given us great insights to allow us to adjust our work, literally week by week. This had never been done prior to your involvement”.
- Cameron McLeod, General Manager, Community Engagement