Design Thinking Bootcamp
What's it all about?
Our Design Thinking Bootcamp is a one day immersive introduction to human-centred design. Whilst we have designed this bootcamp with a bias towards action it is not all about doing, it is a blended learning experience integrating design thinking theory, tools and activities with spaces for feedback and pauses for reflection.
In this session we will ask you to challenge your current way of thinking as you set out to develop innovative solution to a specially crafted business problem. We will challenge you to consider; What aspect of your challenge gives the greatest opportunity? Are you addressing your user’s needs? Have you thought about how you are going to build and test your idea?
This is for you if:
- You want to learn more about Design Thinking for innovation.
- You are struggling to get an idea out of your head and into the world.
- You are not sure how to go about user research.
- You are looking to experiment with design sprints as a way to innovate in your organization.
- You want your team to experience a new approach to problem solving.
You will learn how to:
- Apply the Design Thinking framework to complex challenges.
- Develop deep insights through empathetic research.
- Identify insights through the synthesis of research findings.
- Reframe a challenge based on your research.
- Ideated innovative solutions using insights and brainstorming techniques.
- Bring ideas to life using rapid prototyping tools.
- Tell an engaging design story.
What will you do?
You will work with your fellow boot campers to solve a carefully crafted design challenge using tools we have handpicked from the designers toolkit.
Your Bootcamp Journey
Understand Design Thinking and the way it can solve problems
Introduce a design challenge
Discovery - the why and the how
Defining your challenge - creating insights & reframing
Reflecting on the problem space - are you solving the right problem?
Develop your solution through ideation
Build your user need
Build your user journey
Get feedback from your users
Iterate on your design based on feedback
Delivery - build the next iteration of your prototype
Endorsements for Design Thinking Bootcamp
I was really impressed. It was all new. The energy was there and it was really useful. The main thing for me was that it kind of made me realise that you don't have to go down this linear path to solve a problem. It is a creative thinking platform that sits more naturally with me. It gave me confidence in my capability to think outside the obvious.
Gretel Hunnerup, Design Thinking bootcamper, 2017