It’s more than consultation – it’s collaboration
And it’s also integration. Because that’s what happens when we work with you in a true design process. Our approach is a little bit different (as if you couldn’t tell that already), in the way we bring a ‘teach you to fish’ mentality to every business design engagement.
Yes that’s right – we WANT to teach you this stuff, so that you eventually don’t need us anymore. So you can do this within your team and within your organisation, transforming it into something truly innovative.
So what do we mean by business design, anyway?
It’s the way we create, build and work with your team and customers to deliver business value.
This may come in the form of
- Defining your customer value proposition and build your customer journey
- Exploring new business models
- Designing employee experience
While it’s never a completely linear process, we use the British Design Council’s double diamond including the 4 key design thinking phases of Discover (Research), Define (Synthesis), Develop (Ideation and Prototyping) and Delivery (Testing and Implementation).
And don’t forget whether it’s an external customer or your own people, by including them in the design process you’ll make sure the end product is something that they want and more importantly – something they need.
Our design process looks like:
- Understand the opportunity as well as the challenge (we need to make sure we’re solving the right problem)
- Assemble the design team and identify key people. Who should be involved in the design.
- Educate the team on the process we’ll be using and ensure we have common understanding of the goals.
Once the stage is set we’re in the world of design and the process from here can be as varied as the challenges.
When we’re done, you’ll have:
- A better understanding of customers and team’s needs
- More efficient decision making
- Greater collaboration between departments and customers/end users
- Generation of more original ideas
- Faster validation of ideas or concepts
- Time and money savings on development and implementation
Naked Ambition listened to us and were able to create a tailored training program that really worked for our people – the resulting boot-camp was jam-packed, fun and great learning experience. We’ve had fantastic results too – many of our people are now confident using design thinking techniques and are applying them to all sorts of problems and ideas.
We engaged Naked Ambition to deliver our high profile innovation program, the CEO Think Tank.
Both, Fiona and Nigel, delighted us in every interaction; always supportive of our ideas and truly listening to our expectations, helping us turn this into a bigger and better program for 2018.
As design-thinking experts and innovators, they totally own the room at every facilitation session. Our participants love them, and so do we!
I was absolutely thrilled with the innovative Design Thinking program that Nigel and the Naked Ambition co-designed with us for our students at Ormond College. The 8 week course was hugely popular, it had an excellent attendee rate. Feedback from the students was that not only did they feel engaged and get learn important new skills and mindsets to prepare them for their future careers in modern workforce – but they had fun too!